The biologists trained at the University of Magdalena will be professionals with ethics, able to identify and solve problems in the Biological Sciences field in an interdisciplinary way.
In particular, they will know the biodiversity of the Caribbean Region, which will allow them to propose and develop policies and programs that promote the conservation, management and sustainable use of natural resources. Likewise, they will carry out basic and applied research, responding to the needs of the environment and promoting the development of the country.
- Conduct, plan and execute basic research applied in biology areas.
- Provide scientific knowledge to create and optimize technologies for the production of organisms and the sustainable use of biological resources.
- Direct and coordinate institutions, environmental monitoring and evaluation programs for the conservation, recovery, and management of ecosystems.
- Develop technologies for the recovery or mitigation of deteriorated ecosystems, with the support of professionals in other areas such as engineering, economics, and anthropology.
- Able to understand the fundamental concepts and principles of biology.
- Competent to describe and explain natural phenomena and technological processes using biological principles and theories.
- An interpreter and user of scientific information.
- Aware of the development of Biology in epistemological terms.
- Able to process the relevant aspects of the teaching-learning process of Biology, showing the willingness to collaborate in the training of scientists.
- Qualified to raise, analyze and solve biological problems, both theoretical and experimental through analytical, experimental or numerical methods.
- Builder of simplified models that describe a complex situation, identifying their essential elements and carrying out the necessary approximations, identifying their domain of validity through evaluation and verification.
- Capable of applying the biology theoretical knowledge in the performance and interpretation of experiments.
- Apt to develop valid arguments in the field of Biology, identifying hypotheses and conclusions.
- Able to synthesize particular solutions, extending them to more general principles or theories.