The graduate will be trained to:
- Diagnose and treat the most frequent Oral Health problems.
- Project his performance to the family group with educational and therapeutic criteria.
- Identify analyze, and propose solutions to most relevant Dental health problems in the community.
- Assist patients and the community with solid, ethical and humanistic education.
- Act with awareness in his obligations to society.
- Design and execute research projects.
The graduate will be able to perform as:
- General dentist in II and I levels of health care.
- Dentist of educational institutions.
- Responsible for a position in a health center.
- Director of specific health programs in his community.
- Basic researcher in areas such as epidemiology, an important area in the Community.
The applicant for the Dentistry Program of the University of Magdalena must be a graduate of the Higher Secondary Education. A future professional who carries out his profession responsibly by diagnosing individual and collective oral health. A person able to generate solutions in a preventive way and promote health; to gather personal attitudes that allow him to face the demands of health care, show sensitivity to the needs of the population; have a critical sense, cognitive, communicative and social leadership attitudes.